1) Air Canada reduced Vancouver – Ixtapa from 4x to 1x weekly for the winter.
2) Air North extended Inuvik – Whitehorse as weekly service through the winter. It increased Whitehorse – Calgary from 2x weekly to 1x daily, and will operate Whitehorse – Yellowknife and Yellowknife – Toronto/Pearson 2x weekly this winter.
3) Air Transat will operate Montreal – Havana, London/Gatwick, Los Angeles, and Marseille through the winter, but several routes will not operate:
- Hamilton – Varadero
- Montreal – Acapulco, Cayo Largo del Sur, Málaga, Roatán, and Tampa (will operate to Ft Myers instead)
- Ottawa – Samaná
- Quebec City – Samaná, La Romana
- Toronto – Cayo Largo del Sur, Roatán, Santo Domingo, and Vancouver
4) Alaska made several reductions to their July and August schedules once again to build more slack into their summer operation:
- Anchorage – Fairbanks (8x to 7x daily)
- Austin – San Jose (13x weekly to 10x weekly)
- Los Angeles – Reno (from 12x weekly to daily)
- Los Angeles – San Francisco (from 9x or 10x to 8x or 9x daily)
- Los Angeles – Salt Lake City (3x-4x to 2x-3x daily)
- Portland – Kansas City (from daily to 4-5x weekly)
- Portland – Salt Lake City (2x daily to 12x weekly)
- San Francisco – Palm Springs (3x-4x to 2x-3x daily)
- San Francisco – Redmond (2x daily to 12x weekly)
- San Francisco – San Diego (8x to 7x daily)
5) Allegiant added new flying from both Akron/Canton and Provo.
- Fort Lauderdale (2x weekly begins in Nov)
- Orlando/Sanford (2x weekly begins in Oct)
From PVU, Allegiant will cancel Palm Springs but will add:
- Las Vegas (2x weekly begins in Aug)
- Portland (2x weekly begins in Sep)
- San Diego (1x weekly begins in Aug)
- Orlando/Sanford (2x weekly begins in Dec)
6) Allegiant also cut several weaker markets in the fall due to expected constraints within its operation:
- Albuquerque – Austin, Las Vegas
- Appleton – Savannah
- Austin – Punta Gorda, NW Arkansas
- Boston – Indianapolis
- Fort Lauderdale – NW Arkansas
- Los Angeles – Cedar Rapids, Des Moines, Indianapolis, NW Arkansas, Wichita
- Melbourne – Concord
- Minneapolis – Sarasota
- Nashville – Key West
- Phoenix/Mesa – Grand Junction
7) American made several fall/winter updates this week:
- Charlotte – Bozeman, Jackson Hole will not operate this winter
- Cancun sees increases this winter with Charlotte, Dallas/Fort Worth, and Miami each getting an extra 1x daily
- Charlotte – Grand Cayman up from 1x-2x daily to 16x weekly in Nov.
- Chicago/O’Hare takes yet another haircut. It sees Cancun go down from 3x to 2x daily with Punta Canada dropping from 1x daily to 1x weekly
8) ANA suspended Tokyo/Narita – New York/JFK and Tokyo/Haneda – Chicago/O’Hare through the summer.
9) Avianca will not operate New York/JFK – Cali this fall.
10) Azul is adding 4x weekly frequencies to its already daily service between Fort Lauderdale and São Paulo/Campinas.
11) Breeze is reducing A220 flying presumably due to delivery/training delays. It is ending service on Nashville – Oklahoma City and San Antonio – NW Arkansas this June. It’s also and suspending Charleston – Huntsville for the summer, and ending Jacksonville – Norfolk at least for as far as it current schedule goes. Some flying has been backfilled by Embraers.
12) Canadian North will fly Inuvik – Yellowknife 1x weekly beginning this July.
13) Cape Air will fly 5x weekly New York/JFK – Martha’s Vineyard through the winter.
14) Cathay Pacific extended its pandemic schedule through July with additional reductions on the schedule in September.
15) Contour will begin two new EAS contracts this July. Philadelphia to both Ogdensburg and Plattsburgh will operate almost 2x daily.
16) Delta shaved 3,014 flights off its July schedule, a drop of nearly 2%.
17) Eurowings Discover dropped Halifax – Frankfurt from 3x to 2x weekly this summer, while it took over daily Montreal – Munich flying from parent Lufthansa.
18) JAL reduced frequency on Dallas/Fort Worth – Tokyo/Haneda from daily to 3x weekly through September.
19) JetBlue is cutting service on several routes for November, to have them return in December with holiday frequencies. Those are:
- Boston – Port-au-Prince, Portland (OR), San Jose (CA), Salt Lake City
- Fort Lauderdale – Chicago/O’Hare, Cleveland, Grand Cayman, Portland (OR), Providenciales, Port-au-Spain, Seattle
- Hartford – Las Vegas, San Francisco
- Los Angeles – Austin, Liberia, Raleigh/Durham, Richmond, San Jose (CR), Seattle, West Palm Beach
- Newark – Atlanta, Austin, Bonaire, Charleston, Jacksonville, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Providenciales, Puerto Plata, Raleigh/Durham, San Diego
- Orlando – Ponce
20) JetBlue, in a rare add, filed daily service between Hartford and San Juan to begin in July.
21) Key Lime Air filed schedules for its recently-won EAS Contract to operate 10x weekly on Denver – Alamosa.
22) LATAM will increase Miami – Buenos Aires/EZE to daily in late July.
23) LOT is reducing Miami – Warsaw from 4x to 3x weekly this summer.
24) Qantas will not fly San Francisco – Sydney during northern hemisphere summer.
25) Qatar dropped Chicago/O’Hare – Doha from 2x to 1x daily.
26) Spirit reduced its Aug schedule from the previous placeholder schedule down to just slightly more than what it’ll fly in June and July.
27) Sichuan doubled Vancouver – Chengdu from 1x to 2x weekly beginning in Nov.
28) Southern Airways Express is taking over the EAS contract on Phoenix – Show Low. It also will fly Nantucket – Hyannis 3-4x daily while dropping Nantucket – New Bedford. It will further fly Plymouth – Provincetown 3x weekly.
29) Virgin Atlantic is dropping London/Heathrow – Los Angeles from 3x to 2x daily for the winter.
30) Xiamen is going up from 2x to 3x weekly on Los Angeles – Xiamen.